The new Iranian Crisis Management Law has been recently adopted by the Parliament in August 2019. Article 4 of the Law requires the following documents to be prepared:
1. A National Strategy Document
2. National Disaster Risk Reduction plan
3. Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction
4. National Disaster Preparedness and Response plan
5. Provincial Disaster Preparedness and Response Plan
6. National Reconstruction and Rehabilitation plan
7. Risk Reduction annex
The overall responsibility of this task is delegated to the Natural Disaster Research Institute (NDRI) affiliated to the Housing Foundation of the Islamic Revolution by the National Disaster Management Organization.
UN-Habitat office has been officially requested to take the lead for preparation of the National Plan for Post-disaster Reconstruction and Rehabilitation.
UN-Habitat Tehran Office plans to undertake this activity within the framework of the Humanitarian Community Rehabilitation Project (BAZTAB) currently being implemented in Kermanshah with the assistance of diverse research institutions and academia, as well as drawing on the DRR capacity of UN-Habitat and other UN agencies.
This post was originally published by UN Iran. Click here to read.