Forests are vitally important for sustaining life on Earth, and play a major role in the fight against climate change. With the 2019 session of the United Nations Forum on Forests wrapping up on Friday in New York, we delve deeper into the subject, and find out what the UN is doing to safeguard and protect them.
1. Forests are the most cost-effective way to fight climate change
2. The goal of zero deforestation is close to being reached
3. The biggest threat to forests is…agriculture
4. The UN’s growing role in forest protection
5. This year’s top priorities: climate change and the real cost of deforestation
This post was originally published by UN News Centre. Click here to read.